Last week 10,000 of the best and brightest eCommerce minds in the world gathered in Chicago for the Internet Retail Conference & Exhibition. Karen and Daniel from WebShopApps attended and spent time connecting with partners, friends, and customers as well as keeping our finger on the pulse of eCommerce. Here are some highlights:
- Endicia‘s event on Tuesday evening at Ignite Glass Studios was a unique take on a partner event as we gathered around the glass kilns enjoying appetizers and drinks while watching the craftsmen mold molten glass into a unique sculpture.
- Magento‘s Tuesday night event brought everyone to Public House, one of Chicago’s finest gastropubs. Over a delicious buffet and some great local beers, we reconnected with many partners and friends (and perhaps snuck a peek at the NBA game every once in a while).
- I had the opportunity to attend the comScore 2014 UPS Pulse of the Online Shopper presentation on Thursday afternoon. Full of great information for merchants on what online shoppers are looking for and the popularity growth of non-traditional, cross-channel shopping in offerings like In-Store Pickup.
- Our friends from Classy Llama had a great booth with a beautiful hardwood floor and were promoting their new Llama Commerce Magento platform. One to keep an eye on!
- We introduced our new eCommerce shipping platform, ShipperHQ, to many of our friends and partners who weren’t able to attend Magento’s Imagine eCommerce 2014 conference and, again, were thrilled by the response! Get in touch if you want to see the future of eCommerce shipping.
Throughout the exhibit hall, the number of new services available to eCommerce companies was amazing. From search engines, to live support platforms, to monitoring and analytics, the eCommerce market is coming into its own. IRCE was another confirmation that frequent innovation is key to success and WebShopApps is proud to be one of the companies driving eCommerce into the future.